Malnad is not just Karnataka’s most sought-after hill station destination, it is also the center of the state’s coffee, tea, and areca nut growing districts. In Kannada Male means forest and Nadu means the land. Malenadu or Malnad is the land of forests and mountains.
Coffee, Arecanut, and Paddy is Malnad’s claim to fame. Malnad is in a valley hemmed in by hills. Many of its attractions are to be found within a radius of 30 Kms from the town. Malnad district maps are etched by tiny villages and beautiful gram panchayats covered by dense forests and mountain ranges of the Western Ghats in Karnataka.
Some of the top destinations in Malnad for your trip planners
Malnad is a paradise for Nature Lovers
Top Destinations in Malnad Region
Visit Malnad Homestays in Karnataka for beautiful locations, friendly hosts, and tasty food. Malnad Homestays are the best option for your adventure and rejuvenation on your weekend or weeklong trips in Karnataka. Some of the top destinations in Malnad for your trip.
Malnad region has some of the top homestays and resorts in Karnataka for your comfortable accommodation and adventure activities.Compare and Book Best Estate Homestays in Malnad Region of Karnataka
You can choose a malnad homestay based on your requirement by taking a free quote here
Malnad Homestays Trip Ideas
A trip to Karnataka can be said incomplete if you have not stayed at Malnad Homestays. The ideal weekend or long holiday is only complete when you have covered Malnad districts during your vacation. There are several types of packages and itineraries designed by Malnad Homestays to make your dream vacation a happy and fruitful one.
Some of the trip ideas to choose from;
- Bangalore to Coorg via Mysore where you can cover sightseeing places at both districts.
- Bangalore to Chikmagalur and include pilgrimage visit to Horanadu, Sringeri. You can also visit Belur and Halebeedu before going back to Bangalore.
- Bangalore to Thirthahalli trip and plan to cover Coastal Karnataka by visiting Malpe and Kundapura beaches.
- Bangalore to Sakleshpur and include pilgrimage to Dharmasthala and Subramanya.
- Bangalore to Hassan trip can be clubbed along with Chikmagalur, Sakleshpur or Thirthahalli visit.
- Bangalore to Agumbe trip can be clubbed with either Thirthahalli or Sringeri.
- Bangalore to Thirthahalli and Chikmagalur trip can be planned too by staying at our Malnad Homestays.
Malnad homestays are popular for their warm hospitality and tasty cuisines served. These are a few things to expect when you are planning to book a homestay in Malnad.
- Cottages, Villas, and Bungalows nestled amidst coffee, tea, and areca estates.
- Homestays are run by estate owners who have decided to be hosts for guests who are renting out the rooms.
- Most of the homestays serve both veg and non-veg food.
- There are adventure stays where you can expect trekking, adventure games, and sports activities.
- We have a few pure veg homestays in Malnad. You can ask us while making a booking.
- Campfire is a complimentary activity offered at most of the homestays.
- You can expect tasty malnad cuisines at homestays.
The Western Ghats Stays in Malnad
Malnad region is close to The Western Ghats belt in Karnataka with beautiful landscapes. There are several stays nestled in the estates of Malnad that have adventure activities for tourists visiting for a weekend or long-duration holidays. The cottages, villas, and bungalows are located amidst greenery and plantations with all modern amenities.
Your group vacation at Malnad homestays is more memorable if you have chosen the best accommodation. Western Ghats stays are best suitable for people who love nature and want to spend a quiet vacation time in the hill stations of Karnataka. The Western Ghats region is popular among tourists because of its beautiful terrains and spectacular hills and valleys. There are several guided trekking spots and waterfalls to include in your tours and stays itinerary.
Hospitality by people of Malnad
Why is that Malnad a very popular holiday destination? Why do people look for malnad homestay for accommodation? All these can be summed up with one answer that is because of ‘hospitality by people of Malnad’. Malnadigas or Malenadigaru are very friendly and naturally, the homestays concept was first embraced professionally by the people of Malnad in Karnataka. Its in their blood to treat visitors with love and affection. Malnad people do not require any hospitality training, all our hosts have chosen homestays voluntarily and not with a commercial intention.
The guests at Malnad homestays are welcomed by guests with the same spirit throughout the year. We have seven consistent upscaling and adaptations done to the facilities at the stays based on guest reviews.